Freedom of Information
The objectives of the Freedom of Information Act 1992 are to:
- enable the public to participate more effectively in governing the State
- make the persons and bodies that are responsible for State and Local Government more accountable to the public
In furthering these objectives, the Freedom of Information Act 1992 requires agencies to publish an annual information statement. An Information Guide to the Shire of Chittering serves as a reference guide to the function of the Council, its responsibilities and information. The inclusion of this section in Council’s annual report meets the annual information statement requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 1992.
For further information please contact the Shire’s Freedom of Information Coordinator on (08) 9576 4600 or alternatively contact the Office of the Information Commissioner (12th Floor, St Martin’s Tower, 44 St George’s Terrace, Perth WA 6000 or PO Box Z5386, St George’s Terrace, Perth WA 6831)
How to Lodge a Freedom of Information Application
All applications require the following information and items to be submitted:
- A completed Freedom of Information application form
- Enough detail to enable the requested documents to be identified i.e. property address, subject matter, date range
- An address and contact telephone number
All applications can be lodged by post addressed to the:
Freedom of Information Coordinator
Shire of Chittering
PO Box 70
BINDOON WA 6502
or delivered in person to the Shire of Chittering, 6177 Great Northern Highway, Bindoon.
Please note: The application is not considered valid until the application fee has been paid in full.